Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store does not download on OsX Mojave

OK folks

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) with 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 running MOJAVE

My problem is in the App Store application where to download a new application or make an update the download icon is spinning for a long time and nothing happens.

I've tried everything below and nothing resolved:

- I did a reset on the App Store user “it didn't work”

- I did a reset on the App Store application “it didn't work”

- I formatted the machine and put MOJAVE from scratch without any non native app “it didn't work”

- I installed MOJAVE on an External HD “it didn't work”

- I reset my VIVO router “it didn't work”

- I routed the internet on my cell phone “it didn't work”

- I downloaded another copy of MOJAVE “it didn't work”

- I did the PRAM "it didn't work"

- I put Catalina on and it works again but this version of OSX on my macbook makes the machine slow, hot (you can't keep it in your lap) and the fans are working a lot.

Detail that the App Store was working normally in MOJAVE about 15 days ago.

One detail is that my MacBook is without the battery (I believe this has nothing to do with it) but you will know.

Has anyone here been through this?

The problem is that I use apps from the App Store and I can't install them

Tkssss

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 11:29 AM

Here is a confirmed workaround...it's temporary but at least gets you going with mission critical apps.

While running App Store launch the Activity Monitor app and type "Apps" in the search field. You should see one process called appstoreagent. Click the "X" in the upper left and selectforce quit appstoreagent process. This should allow updates temporarily, but once you quit the App Store or restart your Mac, the problem will reassert itself and you'll have to do the same process again.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2021 11:29 AM in response to tserraia

Here is a confirmed workaround...it's temporary but at least gets you going with mission critical apps.

While running App Store launch the Activity Monitor app and type "Apps" in the search field. You should see one process called appstoreagent. Click the "X" in the upper left and selectforce quit appstoreagent process. This should allow updates temporarily, but once you quit the App Store or restart your Mac, the problem will reassert itself and you'll have to do the same process again.

Mar 2, 2021 10:39 PM in response to rwross1776

I can confirm that Apple Engineering applied a fix yesterday. I was able to confirm today and then asked for root cause analysis that I could share here.

From Apple:

As it has been explained to me with the recent security update for Mojave when the App Store launches, it asks appstoreagent for adoption eligibility. The issue seemed to stem from a wrong file type that was being provided by the process which caused a hang. After that was readjusted by our engineering team to be a compatible file type the issue seems to now be resolved.

If anyone has a reoccurrence of the issue, they can reference Ticket #: 214029

App Store does not download on OsX Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.