Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive Ripping Issues

I've checked through the forums but can't seem to find whether this is a technical issue that I need fixing by Apple or something more deep-rooted, so here's the question again.

I've only had my Superdrive for less than a week and started ripping my favourite CD albums into iTunes on my MacBook Air M1 - no issues with most but I immediately noticed that on some rips, the last 1 one or 2 tracks were not ripped, either at all or only partially.

I'm ripping to ALAC, the CD's are clean and hardly been used, so what's the issue here...hardware? In which case should I send it back for a replacement?

Advice & guidance appreciated, thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 3:47 AM

I would make sure that error correction is enabled when ripping, but it sounds like you may have a defective drive. I would certainly make contact with Apple Support after checking to see if error correction helps or not.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Superdrive Ripping Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.