Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Stop Gmail Emails From Showing Up In iCloud on my iMac and iPhone?

I didn't realize that every email sent to my Gmail account was also going into my iCloud account until my storage filled up and I looked at All Inbox and saw 71,401 emails in iCloud Inbox vs 549 in Gmail Inbox.

I do not use Mail anymore and have not for a long time but apparently I had "enabled" Gmail as an account at some point in the pasta and never disabled it.

I disabled Gmail in Mail preference but I am still getting the Gmail emails in iCloud.

How do I stop getting these in both places? I get my Gmail emails in Gmail and that is only place I want or need them.

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 10:11 AM

You have created web rules on gmail account and forwarding as From say example1@gmail.com To example2@icloud.com the incoming mails from your senders will automatically move to iCloud mail address in its inbox see the article https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en#zippy=%2Cforward-to-multiple-accounts%2Cturn-automatic-fowarding-on-or-off

If iPhone and Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password say example2@icloud.com pure syncing will occur .

You have disabled the gmail account in apple mail application , but the rules created in web gmail account are mirrored in IMAP account .

You can turn off mail forwarding .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 10:11 AM in response to balthus99

You have created web rules on gmail account and forwarding as From say example1@gmail.com To example2@icloud.com the incoming mails from your senders will automatically move to iCloud mail address in its inbox see the article https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en#zippy=%2Cforward-to-multiple-accounts%2Cturn-automatic-fowarding-on-or-off

If iPhone and Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password say example2@icloud.com pure syncing will occur .

You have disabled the gmail account in apple mail application , but the rules created in web gmail account are mirrored in IMAP account .

You can turn off mail forwarding .

Mar 1, 2021 10:53 AM in response to balthus99

Generally users don't make any changes in web accounts and keep as default , as if rules are created and you don't remember it , then its difficult to overcome , you can delete mails from iCloud.com select hundred mails or less and click on delete icon , don't select mails in thousands , however in latest version command and A works to select , avoid it as spinning beach ball will occur .

How Can I Stop Gmail Emails From Showing Up In iCloud on my iMac and iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.