Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerBeats Pro shutting down with battery

When using my Powerbeats Pro, the left earpiece shuts down randomly, even if it shows more than 80% battery on my iPhone. This only happens with the left one, the right one works normally.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 7:27 AM

How is this marked as solved? This isn't solved. I don't see any response that tells me how to fix my Powerbeats other than buying a new set or earbud and they aren't old enough for that to be a reasonable suggestion. This is disappointing and it really makes me question why I went with the apple product/s in the first place.

Similar questions

239 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 7:27 AM in response to oscarrdz1977

How is this marked as solved? This isn't solved. I don't see any response that tells me how to fix my Powerbeats other than buying a new set or earbud and they aren't old enough for that to be a reasonable suggestion. This is disappointing and it really makes me question why I went with the apple product/s in the first place.

Aug 6, 2021 5:00 AM in response to You1798

Completely ridiculous to read so many people having the exact same problem as me and that there’s no resolution yet. I’ve essentially stopped using these headphones since the right earbud craps out after 20 minutes. The problem seems to occur with Apple and non-Apple devices. Apple support says it’s $105 for a replacement bud, and likely that same cost to fix if I take it in. Feels like planned obsolescence to me…

Mar 28, 2021 4:43 PM in response to oscarrdz1977

The absolute exact same thing is happening to my right powerbeats pro earbud. It just shuts down at 55% exactly how you have described described problem. ios is updated to latest version. Disconnected and removed pros from Phone, Tried reset, waited for case to drain to 0 then plugged back in and did reset making sure all was clean and placed in charger correctly. There is no more separate powerbeats pro updater as its discontinued and PB Pros update happens only when ios update is available and is made. I do not know if this integrated update is cause or not. Please let me know if you found cause or find solution. Thank you

Feb 1, 2022 8:45 AM in response to Carterm84

The fact that this thread is updated once a week, serves as a enough proof to me that this issue is with the product and not the user. Normally apple products are treated with care and product owners are respected. Seems like Apple could not care less about this, evident by them closing the chain and marking it resolved.

Beats products do not even have their own feedback section. https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Bonkers

Nov 3, 2021 5:39 AM in response to so1oapple

Why is this marked as solved, Apple support? This isnt a solution to the problem, thousands are having the exact same problem and its obviously not a hardware issue. Fix the fucking firmware and stop ignoring problems that your company caused that now ruins peoples 1-2 year old products, which are supposed to be a premimum product. In sweden I pay around 300$ for these things. Now they are completely useless.

Aug 21, 2021 3:09 PM in response to You1798

I talked to a “senior advisor” and after sending me to a store to have the earbuds examined, I called her back and she said the request to replace the left earbud for free was rejected and I had to pay $135. What a waste of my time and it is crazy that so many people have this problem. Clearly it is a problem with the product but Apple refuses to take ownership for it.

Oct 26, 2021 10:59 AM in response to oscarrdz1977

This is happening to me too and these were a birthday gift. I do not have the money to replace them if this is an update issue and these were quite expensive. Has anyone found a solution?

This is ridiculous. I only get about 20-30 mins max out of my right earbud before they “die” or disconnect only to be on 55%

I’ve had them for quite a long time without this ever happening so can someone please help?? I’ve reset them. I’ve disconnected them and cut my phone off. I disconnected them from ever device they’ve ever been on and cut off THEIR Bluetooth.

They only come back to life after returning to the case but only for its 20-30 min interval…

Im just trying to use my headphones..

Mar 29, 2021 12:50 PM in response to so1oapple

Thank you. I tried draining the battery on both buds, and the one with the problem I kept using and recharging until it went off together with the case. After a few days it seemed to work just fine, both buds were working with no problems, but just a few minutes ago it happened again. The left one went off and when I placed it in the case it showed 55% battery on it. The other one is still 96% and I have it on. It's really weird, it worked perfectly for hours until I placed it in the case, made sure it was tight and charging and then it failed.

Anyway, good luck, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I hope apple looks at it and fixes it.

Mar 31, 2021 9:25 PM in response to melissa_m77

I can confirm now that this problem occurs exclusively with Apple products. It happened when using the buds with my iPad Pro 11 2020, with my iPhone 11 Pro Max but it just won't happen with a Windows laptop or a small Kindle Fire HD 8. I've been using them for exactly one hour now while listening to music on my computer with no problem, but the moment I switch to one of my apple devices, five minutes into a call and the left one went off. I placed it on the case, waited one minute and charge level was 55%. I've scheduled a service call for tomorrow morning.

Nov 27, 2021 8:50 PM in response to sergemal

Somehow my left earpiece that shutdown after an hour of listening is behaving kind of normal.

From my speculation and reading through this topic.

There is suppose to be problem with microphone as when I used it for meeting, left one shut off so early with 55% resurrection.

So after going in to bluetooth setting on iPhone and set the microphone to only right ear piece.

It seems to working fine somehow. If you can, please give it a try so we can share the result.

Mar 3, 2021 11:40 AM in response to oscarrdz1977

Hello oscarrdz1977,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble with your PowerBeats Pro. It looks like the left earpiece shuts down randomly even though the Beats have more than 80% battery. We're happy to help. Have you tried resetting your Beats? A reset can help with power and other issues.

Check out the following support articles:

Reset your Beats earphones

Update the firmware of your Beats product

Cheers!

Mar 4, 2021 1:48 PM in response to oscarrdz1977

Hello oscarrdz1977,

Thanks for the additional information.

Are your Beats paired with an iPhone and does the iPhone have the latest iOS? We ask because if your iPhone is up to date your Beats also have the latest firmware. Have you also tried cleaning your Beats to make sure nothing is causing interference with the charge?

The resources below can help:

Clean and store your Beats earphones or headphones

If the steps above don't help, reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Apr 29, 2021 8:57 PM in response to oscarrdz1977

It all depends on what kind of research you want to do! Here are a few considerations for choosing this tool or a different one:

Some reasons to use SurveyMonkey:

• Option to do longer surveys
  • Very large, panel-based audience. (While panelists have been known to have data quality issues related to bias, you know that panelists have opted-in to receive survey invitations and many points of targeting have been identified.

• Since SurveyMonkey’s panel is so large, you get more diversity than smaller panels)
  • You can cut and paste the link directly into an email.

PowerBeats Pro shutting down with battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.