Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot change my apple id from my work email to my home email address. it says that my home email address is my recovery email. How do I fix this?

I cannot change my apple id from my work email to my home email address. it says that my home email address is my recovery email and I cannot use it. How do I fix this?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 5:33 AM

Hello HaviMomKim,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking to change the email address you use for your Apple ID. If you're unable to use your current personal email address, due to it being your rescue email, you may need to consider setting up a new email to use.

You can find additional suggestions are provided in the linked article, Change your Apple ID, under section: If you can't change your Apple ID.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 5:33 AM in response to HaviMomKim

Hello HaviMomKim,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking to change the email address you use for your Apple ID. If you're unable to use your current personal email address, due to it being your rescue email, you may need to consider setting up a new email to use.

You can find additional suggestions are provided in the linked article, Change your Apple ID, under section: If you can't change your Apple ID.

Best regards.

I cannot change my apple id from my work email to my home email address. it says that my home email address is my recovery email. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.