Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A strange "library" folder inside Documents after restart

I have the default apps and Adobe Creative Suite. My Mac is very light and simple but this strange "library" folder started to appear seconds after restarting. I have to delete it every time.

Is it normal. Adobe?

Thanks in advance.

Arimathéia Otto

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 11:45 AM

8 replies

Mar 5, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Arimatheia

I have this new Library folder too now. Another thread recommended uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud, trashing that Library folder, restarting the Mac, and reinstalling Creative Cloud. Didn't work. As soon as I reinstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app, the Library folder reappeared in my Documents folder.

Either this is just a new item we have to live with, courtesy of Adobe, or they'll move/hide it based on user feedback. Either way, not worth the trouble to delete and reinstall Creative Cloud.

And BTW, I'm running Catalina still, so it's apparently not specific to a certain macOS.

If someone has another solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Mar 15, 2021 2:56 AM in response to Arimatheia

I also have the same, a Library folder with no access appeared in my Documents folder, creation date was 3rd March at 13.51 - coincidentally, this was the exact time that I installed the latest Apple Security Update for 10.14.6 (Mojave), so I believe that was responsible for creating it.

It appears to be an empty folder, but as I can't open it I can't be 100% sure.

Hopefully, this will be deleted by Apple next time they do a Security Update on Mojave. Makes me a bit nervous, though, as it could be used by malware? Maybe it was supposed to be a hidden folder? Either way, it appeared straight after installing the latest Security Update (2021-003, I believe)

I don't believe in this case Adobe are responsible, although they are responsible for a lot of other mistakes! This all points to Apple, or so I believe.

Mar 15, 2021 3:24 AM in response to YorkshirePudding74

It was this Apple update that seems to have created it after it restarted, copied and pasted from the System Information utility...

macOS Mojave Security Update 2021-002:

Version: 10.14.6

Source: Apple

Install Date: 03/03/2021, 13:42

The creation date and time on mine is 03/03/2021, 13.51 - the time it actually restarted after the update.

A strange "library" folder inside Documents after restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.