Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble adding AOL mail to Apple mail

Trying to add AOL mailbox to Apple Mail on MacBook Air. Get message saying it can't verify account name or password, even though I can access AOL mail through Safari using the same credentials.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 3:37 PM

Juliev123 wrote:

Trying to add AOL mailbox to Apple Mail on MacBook Air. Get message saying it can't verify account name or password, even though I can access AOL mail through Safari using the same credentials.

aol updated their security, which require you to use app specific password, contact aol or look at their support site for more info.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 3:37 PM in response to Juliev123

Juliev123 wrote:

aol updated their security, which require you to use app specific password, contact aol or look at their support site for more info.

Trouble adding AOL mail to Apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.