Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX: I moved (not copied) Library files are still using space on the original drive.

FCPX: I moved (not copied) files from one Library to another Library on an external drive. But the files are still using space on the original drive and the new drive. But the files are no longer in the original Library. How is this happening?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 7:04 AM

Were those clips by any chance used in any project or compound clip in the original library?

If so, I don't think they'd be removed until that project or clip is itself removed.

That would be like when you remove a clip from the browser (control-click, Move to Trash); if that clip is used in a project it will stay but be hidden.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 7:04 AM in response to SAXQUE

Were those clips by any chance used in any project or compound clip in the original library?

If so, I don't think they'd be removed until that project or clip is itself removed.

That would be like when you remove a clip from the browser (control-click, Move to Trash); if that clip is used in a project it will stay but be hidden.

FCPX: I moved (not copied) Library files are still using space on the original drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.