Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air m1 mail notifications are not working

I can get some notifications on my MacBook Air M1, such as reminders or updates, but not from the Mail app or Outlook. Is this a known issue? How to fix?

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:01 PM

Hello,

I’ve tried enabling/disabling notifications to no avail. I’ve restarted the laptop, updated, etc, and nothing. It’s baffling and I’m not sure what to do to resolve it. I guess I’ll take it to an Apple store.

thank you,

Gary

8 replies

Mar 2, 2021 7:02 PM in response to glucero0

No it is not a known issue. You have two different apps related to email accounts without providing any notifications. I am assuming that you are receiving emails normally and are even seeing a badge count number on the app icons. You may not be getting any sound or banners. If this is the case then-

Open System Preferences ➔ Notifications ➔ Mail (Left Pane) : Here ensure that all the settings are set correctly as shown below.

Open System Preferences ➔ Notifications ➔ Outlook (Left Pane): Here ensure that all the settings are set correctly as shown below:

Axel F.

macbook air m1 mail notifications are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.