Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI no signal

Hello everyone!

I'm experiencing an issue here. I'm using MacBook Air 2017 with external monitor. I use MiniDP reduction to HDMI and HDMI cable to connect it to the monitor. A few moments ago I plugged MacBook in to charge up, but at this exact moment the monitor went off and started displaying "HDMI no signal". I already tried to reset SMC and NVRAM, but issue still remains. I tried checked HDMI with my windows laptop and it works just fine. The "HDMI no signal" appears right after, when I connect it to the reduction (which was at the time disconnected from MB, when I tried it). So is this an issue with MacBook or just the reduction isn't working properly?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 6:57 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 7, 2021 3:21 PM in response to rady_the_great

Hello rady_the_great,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with the connections for your external monitor to your MacBook Air. Since you were able to test the HDMI cable and confirmed it's working, your next step would be to test the Mini DisplayPort adapter with another device, or HDMI cable, or test a new Mini DisplayPort with your MacBook and HDMI cables. Unfortunately, without testing the current adapter or a new adapter, it would be hard to isolate the exact component at fault.

Best regards.

HDMI no signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.