Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to bypass remote management

I am trying to wipe my 2019 MacAir and cannot bypass Remote Management. Any idea?

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 6:10 PM

Is this your own personal laptop? Did you purchase it new or used (or open box)?

If you get a message about Remote Management, then it means a school or business is managing the laptop. If this was a pre-owned or open-box laptop purchase, then it may indicate the laptop is stolen or it may mean the school or business did not properly remove it from their MDM management system.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to remove this feature unless your AppleID is associated with the laptop and some type of security feature is enabled. I'm not familiar with the AppleID security features so I'm not sure if this would even show up this way.

Edit: You may want to contact the organization listed as managing the laptop to see if the laptop is stolen or to have them remove the laptop from their MDM if they had sold the laptop.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 6:10 PM in response to Yoviv

Is this your own personal laptop? Did you purchase it new or used (or open box)?

If you get a message about Remote Management, then it means a school or business is managing the laptop. If this was a pre-owned or open-box laptop purchase, then it may indicate the laptop is stolen or it may mean the school or business did not properly remove it from their MDM management system.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to remove this feature unless your AppleID is associated with the laptop and some type of security feature is enabled. I'm not familiar with the AppleID security features so I'm not sure if this would even show up this way.

Edit: You may want to contact the organization listed as managing the laptop to see if the laptop is stolen or to have them remove the laptop from their MDM if they had sold the laptop.

How to bypass remote management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.