Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - people

Hello, I recently moved back to ios from android. I used move to ios app and i did transfer all my photos from the previous device. When i go to people in photos i got 0 photos scanned. It says i should lock my phone and plug it to power. I tried that multiple times, even through the night and still nothing is scanned. What should i do?

Thanks

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 12:23 AM

How long have you been waiting? It can take several days before you will be seeing a change. Photos does not update this status line regularly.

Are you seeing any faces thumbnails at all below your photos, when you view a photo with people in them enlarged and swipe up to see the details below the photo? If you are seeing already faces in the "details", try to name a face by clicking it. It might force Photos to update the status message.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 12:23 AM in response to Stavrevski

How long have you been waiting? It can take several days before you will be seeing a change. Photos does not update this status line regularly.

Are you seeing any faces thumbnails at all below your photos, when you view a photo with people in them enlarged and swipe up to see the details below the photo? If you are seeing already faces in the "details", try to name a face by clicking it. It might force Photos to update the status message.

Photos - people

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.