Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iMessage on iPhone and MacBook Pro failing

As recently as a month ago my iphone and MacBook Pro stopped syncing on iMessage. Both work independently. I've followed the steps to sync them, but not working. iPhone is 7 and software version is 14.4. Macbook is Mojave 14.6.

All settings show both devices are active with my apple id.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 2:11 PM

Greetings eddysez,

It sounds like your iMessages are not syn. We know how important this is for you, and you’re in the right place to find a resolution.

Have you tried a normal restart of both the devices at the same time? This simple step can resolve issues like this:

How to Restart your iPhone.

How to Restart your Mac.

If still having issues after the restart, then please can you please confirm that Use Messages in iCloud is correctly enabled on all devices?

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 2:11 PM in response to eddysez

Greetings eddysez,

It sounds like your iMessages are not syn. We know how important this is for you, and you’re in the right place to find a resolution.

Have you tried a normal restart of both the devices at the same time? This simple step can resolve issues like this:

How to Restart your iPhone.

How to Restart your Mac.

If still having issues after the restart, then please can you please confirm that Use Messages in iCloud is correctly enabled on all devices?

Cheers!

Sync iMessage on iPhone and MacBook Pro failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.