Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Keeps Asking Me to Change ALL Passwords

I’ve seen this same question asked so many different ways and I have never seen an answer that is responsive to the question asked. Every time I want to access a website for which I have a password, I keep getting a pop-up window from my iPhone recommending I change my password. I am tired of it and I wanted to stop. Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I don’t want a lecture on why I should change my passwords or links to Apple customer service that do not respond to this specific issue. I am NOT referring to iPhone asking me to change my Apple ID password. That is not a problem. It is every other website for which I have any password. The image below is specific to Wikipedia. However, I get the same pop up to ANY WEBSITE for which I have a password, so this is not something Wikipedia is doing.

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 3:43 PM

I ask apple.com to please not time this question out until I give a reply that it has been solved. To do so will help not only me, but many others who have this problem and ask it on apple.com and never get it answered. Thank you very much.

8 replies

Mar 8, 2021 3:42 PM in response to MarydaleEd1

Sberman, I am posting an image here of what that setting looks like on my phone. You can see it’s recommending I change Facebook and Twitter, but there must be 50 other website it lists just like this where it wants me to change my password. This is infuriating. I set my passwords as I darn well please and I don’t care if Apple thinks that they are easy to guess. That is on me. This is an invasion of my privacy and of my ability to choose for myself as an adult.

Mar 8, 2021 3:40 PM in response to sberman

I did that when I got my iPhone a year ago. That has always been off and I still get that pop up. It can be for Wikipedia, for AP (Associated Press), Facebook, Twitter, Delta, Southwest - anything. Any website for which I have a password it gives me that pop up recommending I change it. In my original question I forgot to say thank you. I appreciate any recommendations.

Mar 8, 2021 3:38 PM in response to TonyCollinet

Tony, you are kind to offer a recommendation, but I am sorry, I reject that suggestion. I use the passwords I want. It is none of Apple’s business what passwords I choose. I’m not going to change my password just because Apple doesn’t like it. I am a grown woman and I make those decisions for myself. This suggestion offends me. Not yours, Apple’s. I might add, I have seen this question asked so many times in different ways, so I know I am not the only person who feels this way. What happens is people respond with recommendations that don’t address the issue and then the question times out so that no one else can reply and nothing gets done for the person asking the question. I am trying to avoid that here. I do appreciate you taking the time to answer me.

iPhone Keeps Asking Me to Change ALL Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.