Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 7 gets Switched off Suddenly. and battery does not long for much hours?

My Iphone 7 gets Switched off Suddenly. and battery does not long for much hours?

What will be the Problem and if I need to change the battery how much is it?

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 10:29 AM

An iPhone that keeps turning off can be caused by faulty apps, water damage, or (usually) battery issues. Sometimes, a hard reset will fix an iPhone that keeps turning off, or power cycling, on its own. If all else fails, you may need to contact Apple Support for a battery replacement to stop the issue from recurring.

=> Contact Apple

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 10:29 AM in response to JabaClinton

An iPhone that keeps turning off can be caused by faulty apps, water damage, or (usually) battery issues. Sometimes, a hard reset will fix an iPhone that keeps turning off, or power cycling, on its own. If all else fails, you may need to contact Apple Support for a battery replacement to stop the issue from recurring.

=> Contact Apple

Mar 9, 2021 8:56 AM in response to JabaClinton

You may have a poor battery condition which cannot provide sufficient power for peak performance. What is the Battery Health of your iPhone? Open Settings Battery Battery Health and let us know which percentage you see for Maximum Capacity. Also note what is written under Peak Performance. If your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

The cost of replacing the battery, in the US, is $49.00 USD for an iPhone 7. For more information see here ➔ iPhone Battery Replacement - Apple Support.

Axel F.

Mar 9, 2021 9:29 AM in response to JabaClinton

JabaClinton Said:

"My Iphone 7 gets Switched off Suddenly. and battery does not long for much hours?: Battery health I see 100%. Its a second hand mobile.. 3years old.. is there a possibility they have changed local battery?"

-------

Location of Purchase:

Interesting. So, just where did you purchase this battery? If it was from online, or in the middle of the mall (an independent seller), then it my not be trustworthy. So, take it to Apple, or contact your local retailer. That may do the job, as it would be more trustworthy, and they may offer guarantee for a few.

Mar 9, 2021 10:26 AM in response to JabaClinton

JabaClinton Said:

"My Iphone 7 gets Switched off Suddenly. and battery does not long for much hours?: No That is not possible. I just want to fix the Phone.. What is the solution?"

-------

Get this Serviced:

I am a bit suspicious about a 3 year old phone having a battery with 100% Battery Health, as Battery Health usually drops by 1-3% right out of the box. So, take this to your local retailer, having this looked at.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.