Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not sending - issue with dual sim?

Hello, I just set up an iphone 11 with an eSim account with Visible wireless for my personal line and my physical sim card for my work line. When I go to send an iMessage to a contact using my eSim personal line, I'm not able to send it. I type the message but nothing happens when I click the send icon. If I switch it to my business line, it will send however. The contact is set to only use my primary line.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 8:42 PM

I have a Dual SIM setup just like yours and am having no issues sending / receiving SMS / iMessages from both lines. Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send & Receive : Here, make sure that both of your numbers have a check mark indicating that iMessages is successfully setup as shown below.

'

If you are setup correctly and are still having difficulty sending from the eSIM line then do not hesitate to contact the carrier for that line and have them resolve the issue.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 8:42 PM in response to vinsonjl

I have a Dual SIM setup just like yours and am having no issues sending / receiving SMS / iMessages from both lines. Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send & Receive : Here, make sure that both of your numbers have a check mark indicating that iMessages is successfully setup as shown below.

'

If you are setup correctly and are still having difficulty sending from the eSIM line then do not hesitate to contact the carrier for that line and have them resolve the issue.

Axel F.

iMessage not sending - issue with dual sim?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.