📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

translate Unavailable

translate Unavailable on my iPhone 📲

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 6:56 PM

2 replies

Mar 14, 2021 8:22 AM in response to yusufnerd

Hi yusufnerd,

Thank you for giving us the chance to assist you with your iPhone. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that the Translate app is not available on your iPhone.

Would you please tell us which iPhone model and iOS version you are using? You can find these details under Settings > General > About.

We ask because the Translate app requires iOS 14.0 or later.

You can use the link below as a reference.

Translate on the App Store

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Mar 14, 2021 5:45 PM in response to yusufnerd

I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 14. At first the translation app was working. Then I downloaded English and Spanish so I could use the app when wifi or a good cellular signal was not available. The app stopped working. It says translation is not available at this time. Try again later. I tried turning off the internet to see if it would use the downloaded languages but it still didn't work. If I downloaded the languages, why am I getting this message?

2nd question: If I downloaded the languages will it stop tryng to use the internet translator? Is there a way to deleted the downloaded languages?

Note: I'm not talking about Safari translation, that is working.

translate Unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.