Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts mac not syncing with icloud contacts

My iPad en iPhone sync very well with icloud. But my imac does not at all. I checked https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203521for syncing problems. In icloud system preferences I deactivated contacts and agenda, restarted and activated both again. Nothing helped.

Apriciate all help from the community.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 3:59 AM

It seems like you have followed the necessary steps. (the Apple Support link you shared)

One more thing:

On iPhone and iPad, are your contacts saving in iCloud or Gmail/Google, or some other account? To check this, open the Settings app > Contacts > Accounts > and see which accounts you have added.

If they are on Google or somewhere else, make sure to sign in to that account on Mac as well.

1. Open the Contacts app on Mac.
  2. Click Contacts from the top menu bar and choose Accounts.
  3. If your Google or other account is added here, make sure to enable 'Contacts' next to 'Use With:'
  4. Or, click the plus icon to add your Google or other account and enable contacts sync.

Hope it helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 3:59 AM in response to ronvane

It seems like you have followed the necessary steps. (the Apple Support link you shared)

One more thing:

On iPhone and iPad, are your contacts saving in iCloud or Gmail/Google, or some other account? To check this, open the Settings app > Contacts > Accounts > and see which accounts you have added.

If they are on Google or somewhere else, make sure to sign in to that account on Mac as well.

1. Open the Contacts app on Mac.
  2. Click Contacts from the top menu bar and choose Accounts.
  3. If your Google or other account is added here, make sure to enable 'Contacts' next to 'Use With:'
  4. Or, click the plus icon to add your Google or other account and enable contacts sync.

Hope it helps.

Contacts mac not syncing with icloud contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.