Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 won't sync iCloud files

My new MacBook Air M1 won't sync iCloud files. I have tried logging out and back into iCloud several times without any luck. I use iCloud files for all of my file syncing, so this is pretty frustrating and makes using my awesome MacBook really frustrating. Has anyone found a solution (that doesn't involve a clean install)?

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 7:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2021 9:26 PM in response to jdm1985

jdm1985 wrote:

I hadn't tried it, but I just did and it worked. All of the desktop and iCloud files downloaded immediately. So, do I just transfer the documents and files I had created on the other account over the last few weeks over to this new user and remove the other user? Or is there a way to force the other user account to work? What are the best next steps to get this computer setup with a single account that actually works?

Thanks for the help!

glad that worked.

Something i the other user account is corrupt I guess. Not sure it's worth chasing if you are able to migrate everything else from user a to user b.

Do you have a current Time Machine backup?

You could use Migration Assistant to to restore user account a via Time Machine. That could however, migrate the corruption.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204350

Mar 12, 2021 4:37 PM in response to jdm1985

jdm1985 wrote:

My new MacBook Air M1 won't sync iCloud files. I have tried logging out and back into iCloud several times without any luck. I use iCloud files for all of my file syncing, so this is pretty frustrating and makes using my awesome MacBook really frustrating. Has anyone found a solution (that doesn't involve a clean install)?

Thanks!

Have you tried to create a new user and test there?

Mar 12, 2021 5:59 PM in response to LACAllen

I hadn't tried it, but I just did and it worked. All of the desktop and iCloud files downloaded immediately. So, do I just transfer the documents and files I had created on the other account over the last few weeks over to this new user and remove the other user? Or is there a way to force the other user account to work? What are the best next steps to get this computer setup with a single account that actually works?

Thanks for the help!

MacBook Air M1 won't sync iCloud files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.