Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get the older version of final cut? If my computer can't update any more ?

How can I get the older version of final cut?

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 10:54 AM

Exactly what computer do you have, and what version of the OS? Unfortunately Apple only sells the current version, which means you have to find a way to buy the current version from the App Store, before you can download an older version for your computer.

8 replies

Mar 13, 2021 12:07 PM in response to alexandersoto

I'm not sure which version you purchased before. If it was the legacy Final Cut Pro, version 7.0.3 or earlier, the current application is completely different and has to be bought separately. If you bough Final Cut Pro X after 2011, you should be able to get the version you need. Log into the App Store with the Apple ID that was used to buy FCP you should find it listed on your Purchased page.

How can I get the older version of final cut? If my computer can't update any more ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.