Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GMT watch face not updating sunrise/sunset

My GMT watch face is not updating the sunrise/sunset for my current location. I read on here that watch gets its information from Apple servers. I have enabled the permission to allow watch faces to use my location. I have restarted the watch. Repaired the watch. Then after some other issues with my watch series 4 went and upgraded to the watch 6. The watch face shows sunrise two hours after the sun comes up for my area (CST). Attached picture shows the sunrise at 9:00 am and local weather has it at 7:09am.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 6:38 AM

Hello Bmajaf,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with the sunrise and sunset not updating on your watch. To clarify, are you saying this issue occurred on both watches or jus the recent Series 6 watch? Which exact version of iOS are you updated to under Settings > General > About on the companion iPhone? Which exact version of watchOS are you updated to as well?

If you have updates available, we recommend updating your iPhone and watch:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 6:38 AM in response to Bmajaf

Hello Bmajaf,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with the sunrise and sunset not updating on your watch. To clarify, are you saying this issue occurred on both watches or jus the recent Series 6 watch? Which exact version of iOS are you updated to under Settings > General > About on the companion iPhone? Which exact version of watchOS are you updated to as well?

If you have updates available, we recommend updating your iPhone and watch:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

GMT watch face not updating sunrise/sunset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.