Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch vs Garmin

I have an Apple Watch (series 2) and I love it except for the battery life and lack of detailed running data. I’m looking to get a new one and the series 6 looks pretty good except that I know it’ll likely have the same level of detail in running data. The Apple watches seem to have all the hardware needed to evaluate running workouts, but the software just doesn’t come close to being comparable to Garmin etc. Is Apple ever going to bridge this gap? I might go with a Garmin since I don’t really want to have to use third party apps especially since this seems like something Apple should’ve improved on years ago.

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 2:17 PM

Apple includes rudimentary software for people who are just trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and it is not really aimed at athletes. They do offer the Nike Apple Watch with Nike's running software if you want to move beyond this and as you already said they offer a number of 3rd party running apps such as Strava. Garmin watches are geared towards athletes/triathletes, etc. and if that is what you are into I would strongly advise you to go with the Garmin, the Apple workout/fitness software is generalized and will never match the running software that is available on the Garmin.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 2:17 PM in response to Hilary987

Apple includes rudimentary software for people who are just trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and it is not really aimed at athletes. They do offer the Nike Apple Watch with Nike's running software if you want to move beyond this and as you already said they offer a number of 3rd party running apps such as Strava. Garmin watches are geared towards athletes/triathletes, etc. and if that is what you are into I would strongly advise you to go with the Garmin, the Apple workout/fitness software is generalized and will never match the running software that is available on the Garmin.

Apple Watch vs Garmin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.