Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMessage Upload Not Working Correctly

I recently set my iPhone 10 Plus' year to 2026 to mess around with my friends. Even though my message save setting is "Forever," when I set it back to 2021, all of my messages were wiped. In a panic, I went to my MacBook Pro to see if I could transfer the texts back. I purchased a 100gb subscription of iCloud to sync the messages. However, when I go to sync the messages to the cloud in Preferences, I get a loading bar entitled "Downloading Messages From iCloud" and then one entitled "Uploading Messages to iCloud" and then the bar fully disappears (I believe it just stops syncing?). I have about 10gb of messages to push through and my internet is pretty solid. In the single night that I left it to work (I had a macro force syncing the texts all night), it seems that only 30mb of data has been transferred. There is definitely an issue here.

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 9:59 AM

Thank you for reporting the problem to us. We’ve heard reports of the issue you're describing, and it’s currently under review. We don’t have a solution at this time, but recommend that you keep your device up-to-date.

Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need any more help.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 17, 2021 10:32 AM in response to waxiemaxie123

You wrote - I recently set my iPhone 10 Plus' year to 2026

Why are you trying to change the year ? date and time settings an error will occur , the iPhone is designed for running year and not for future years .

See the articles If you can’t change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set the date and time on iPhone - Apple Support

For messages Store messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Mar 16, 2021 1:52 PM in response to waxiemaxie123

Hello waxiemaxie123,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with restoring your messages from iCloud. To clarify, when you sign into the iCloud website from a computer, do you see the missing messages there? If so, is your iPhone connected to a charger when this happens? Is Low Power Mode on? If you test another Wi-Fi network does the issue persist?

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2021 10:56 PM in response to sterling r

The messages are not on the website. My phone can be charged when nothing is transferred and it doesn't change anything. Low power mode is off. I've tested multiple WiFi networks and the issue still persists. It's been a couple of days since the start and now we've jumped up to 200MB! But the attachments are completely gone and not uploading... So eventually I will have all the texts but every attachment is void

IMessage Upload Not Working Correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.