You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting external monitor, webcam and mic to my 2013 MacBook pro

Hello! I have a 2013 macbook pro, and just got into web design, and decided on a 27 ASUS external monitor... However I quickly realized that there's no webcam or mic. I tried to connect via usb my logitech web cam and my blue mic and hop on a zoom call via my fancy new monitor, but no one could hear me, lol. How on earth do I make this work? Many thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, 10.15

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 2:44 PM

Make sure to go into the System Preferences > Sound, go to the "input" section, and make sure that you have the correct microphone selected. I'm wondering if there may be something in the monitor that might be causing the computer to try to use a mic input that isn't plugged in or have anything hooked to it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 2:44 PM in response to ohforthetechofit

Make sure to go into the System Preferences > Sound, go to the "input" section, and make sure that you have the correct microphone selected. I'm wondering if there may be something in the monitor that might be causing the computer to try to use a mic input that isn't plugged in or have anything hooked to it.

Mar 15, 2021 2:31 PM in response to ZintainUSA

Yes everything is compatible as I used it all with my MacBook itself, just not with the addition of the external monitor... I didn’t check zoom prior to getting on the call. Also I decided to test it out after my giant zoom fail later via my photo booth app on my laptop and the video is perfect, however the audio isn’t being picked up via my external mic 🎙

Connecting external monitor, webcam and mic to my 2013 MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.