Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ASUS monitor to MacBook Pro connection

How to get my MacBook Pro to connect to an ASUS BE27ACSBK Monitor or, at least to get it to work. It is connected via HDMI--the audio works fine but no video for use in conferencing (Zoom, etc.) Monitor works fine as a monitor, but camera doesn't.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 11:44 PM

This excerpt from the manual does not give much hope, as it specifically mentions Windows. Maybe it works and it was an oversight, but the experience so far appears to indicate that the webcam requires OS support and it may not work on the mac. I think you may need to ask Asus support for clarification.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 11:44 PM in response to lancefromsandy

This excerpt from the manual does not give much hope, as it specifically mentions Windows. Maybe it works and it was an oversight, but the experience so far appears to indicate that the webcam requires OS support and it may not work on the mac. I think you may need to ask Asus support for clarification.

Nov 30, 2022 7:26 AM in response to lancefromsandy

Think @Luis S above has the answer based upon the User Manual of this Asus Monitor

To connect the DisplayPort/HDMI/USB Type-C* cable:

1. Plug one end of the DisplayPort/HDMI/USB Type-C* cable to the
  2. monitor’s DisplayPort/HDMI/USB Type-C jack.
  3. Connect the other end of the DisplayPort/HDMI/USB Type-C* cable to your computer's DisplayPort/HDMI/USB Type-C jack.
  4. It is suggested to use USB cerified Type-C cable. If the signal source supports DP Alt mode, all video, audio and data signal can be transmitted.

Nov 30, 2022 2:35 AM in response to lancefromsandy

If I understand correctly, your monitor also has a camera built-in.

If you want to use that, you will also need to connect the monitor to your mac using USB, in addition to HDMI. The HDMI connection is output only.

The USB connection should give you access to the webcam (I do not have this display, and obviously cannot test, but I expect it it will work).

Dec 1, 2022 11:22 AM in response to PRP_53

I purchased an adapter for USB-A to USB-C and connected it from the monitor's USB-C port directly to the MacBook's USB-A port. Still no joy. Perhaps the fact that an adapter is being used may be a factor. I will now try to get a cable that is USB-C male end to a USB-A male end and see if that helps. (I kind of doubt it will.) Best Buy was out of those cables so i got the adapter. Oh Well...

Dec 2, 2022 9:33 AM in response to PRP_53

It looks as if there is no way to connect the ASUS BE27ACSBK monitor to a MacBook. I will return the monitor, get a less expensive one and use a third-party camera. I tried using my wife's third-party (UVC) camera as a test and it works fine with both the monitor and the computer. It would be helpful, and ultimately cheaper, for ASUS and Amazon if that limitation were put in the product description.

Dec 3, 2022 2:34 PM in response to PRP_53

HDMI worked fine, beautiful display, nice colors, etc. Problem was the camera--3 different techs at ASUS Customer Service chat couldn't figure out how to connect that monitor to my MacBook and use the monitor's camera. I have returned the 27" ASUS monitor ($417) and replaced with a 27" LG from Best Buy, (on sale at $149). Added a third party camera that works great. A very acceptable system for me, and a lot less expensive system than Apple or ASUS integral camera. Whole situation was no big problem, just an unnecessary hassle.

ASUS monitor to MacBook Pro connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.