Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud login

I am trying to access my iCloud account with browser. I have rebooted my computer, tried three different browsers, and I continue to get a Connection Error message: "ICloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server."

I have changed my password also.

I am using Macbook Air, MacOS version 11.2.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 8:16 PM

4 replies

Mar 17, 2021 7:19 AM in response to hkmart3

If time zone is changed in iCloud.com or from Mac the error might appear Change the language, time zone or regional formats used on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If the date or time is wrong on your Mac - Apple Support

There could be other reasons like changing read and write permissions for home folder , for precise solution contact senior apple care advisor Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Mar 16, 2021 3:38 PM in response to hkmart3

Hi hkmart3, 

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re experiencing an error when attempting to sign in to the iCloud website with your Apple ID, and we’re happy to help. 

We have a few steps that can assist with isolating the issue. You mentioned testing different browsers. Have you also tried signing in while connected to a different network, or signing in on a different device? If so, what were the results? 

Also, are you able to successfully sign in with the same Apple ID here:  Manage your Apple ID

Do you have any third-party security software installed and enabled on your Mac? If so, does disabling that produce a different result? Let us know.

Regards.

Mar 16, 2021 6:30 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have two other devices, iPhone and iPad. All of them work fine with normal iCloud services. The only problem I have observed is signing onto the iCloud website with any browser I have tried. Signing in on any of these devices results in the same Communication error as described in my initial post.

I have not been able to try to sign in on any device via the browser.

I am not yet able to try to sign in from a different computer on a different network.

I was able to sign into my wife's iCloud account on my Macbook Air (and other devices) on our home network without a communications error. So my wife's account functions without a problem. My account exhibits the communication problem.

My computer runs Malwarebytes for malware protection. When I stop malware protection, the problem persists.

I would appreciate your further suggestions.

K Martin

Mar 17, 2021 6:29 AM in response to hkmart3

hkmart3,

You mentioned that you're able to successfully sign into your wife's account using these same browsers that produce an error when signing into the iCloud website with your account. Based on this information, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support to help with investigating any possible account issues that may cause this behavior. Get Support

Cheers!

Icloud login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.