Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot keeps turning off on iphone Xr

I have an Xr with version 14.4. My personal hotspot keeps turning off on its own and seems to be random. This will happen while I'm connected and using the internet in the middle of emails and conference calls. I look in the quick setting from my locked screen and it shows the hotspot off but in my setting it will show its still on. Each time this happens the wifi name will change to iphone, iphone 2, iphone 3. Sometimes it will stop reconnecting and I will have to reset the phone, it seems like the only way to stop it from disconnecting is to touch the screen every few seconds to keep it from going to sleep? is it supposed to kick you off the hotspot each time someone calls you?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:24 AM

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Meanwhile..

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On you windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 7:24 AM in response to cbush1885

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Meanwhile..

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On you windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

Personal hotspot keeps turning off on iphone Xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.