Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music in Mac mini stops playing after each song.

Apple Music stops after each song on Mac mini. All songs have been downloaded, this happens from every playlist. No solution has worked. Running Big Sur 11.2.3

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 9:20 AM

Music > Preferences > General > Show > Songs: List Checkboxes.

I get why the option isn't in the context menu if checkboxes are disabled, but the behaviour should also treat all tracks as if checked if there is going to be no way to change the status.

tt2

8 replies

Mar 24, 2021 5:23 AM in response to CaudleJK

I have exactly the same problem. A very large library (+60.000 songs in lossless) on a mac mini. When playing a playlist - songs stop after each song. And sometimes in between. Checkboxes are all checked - no solution. I am playing the music through AirPlay2 to a homepod. Have not noticed this before Big Sur 11.2.3. Apple - please but some love and care into this...

Mar 24, 2021 6:42 AM in response to CaudleJK

CaudleJK wrote:

None of the solutions seem to work. I switched back to the internal speakers from the mini-homepods and the issue stopped. But since I bought the mini-homepods to play music this was not satisfactory. <Redacted> Airplay to the pods still act weird however, music stopping yet player continuing to advance. Static and popping noise in-between tracks. <Redacted> so far those issue have not appeared. Still have to select Airplay when starting music, the selected option will not stay as default.

I hadn't realised yours was an AirPlay problem too. I guess the same advice applies, reach out to Apple Support to make them aware of the issue. FWIW are you using the AirPlay menu in Music or the one in the Mac's volume control? Does switching between them help at all?

tt2

Apple Music in Mac mini stops playing after each song.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.