Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 and X with magsafe charger - DO NOT BUY IT

Soooo, me - the dummy, bought apple magsafe charger duo for me (I have iphone 11 pro max and iwatch ser. 6) and the “solo” magsafe charger for my husband (has iphone X). I open everything and find out that the charger needs a hour to charge 10-20% ? For real? With 20w power adapter? What the ****!?!?! And that would be OK, nevermind we usually charge our phones at night - IF at morning they would be charged to 100% not to 60% or smth??? Crazy!!! And then I put it back on, and in it still doesn’t charge to 100%? How is this even possible? How does apple dare this? To f*** with buyers like that? You can’t say it’s compatible if it doesn’t charge like a cable would!!! I’m losing my mind really, I threw away $200 for nothing! Is there a hope they will do an ios update and it will charge better? I don’t want to try to turn off battery optimization, because I am afraid it will only be bad for my battery, and my phone is only 6 months old.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 4:39 PM

Ok so any software update will not help with wireless charging because it is a hardware thing, not a software thing.

And keep in mind that wireless charging is extremely slow compared to wired. You will save time and money just getting a wired charger.

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 16, 2021 5:18 PM in response to lkrupp

Yeah it was introduced, and it was said it works best with iphone 12, but what does “compatible” mean then? https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MHXF3AM/A/magsafe-duo-charger on the compatibility list there is iphone X and 11 pro. So? I would be just happy if they would somewhere declare more specific, that on any other models it won’t charge not fast and not even fully. And as I read, there is problem with charging the 12 too. My bad I didn’t read all the cons before buying. I blindly believed apple’s official page.

*** and maybe I sound confused because it’s pretty obvious english isn’t my first language, so excuse me my writing 🙏🏻

Mar 16, 2021 5:11 PM in response to Tech-person

I just wanted to experience the easy way you know - to just put it on the charging pad and voila, not to bother with plugging in... but now I see it’s not possible (yet)... maybe iphone 14 will have the possibilty to charge fast wirelessly😂... my father has huawei and it’s wireless charger... works perfect... but that doesn’t buy me, I’m apple all the way, can’t stand android 😳

Iphone 11 and X with magsafe charger - DO NOT BUY IT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.