Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to control an Ipad Pro 2020 via internet from my Desktop Mac (in order to easily assist my grandmother)?:

My grandmother 🧡 does not know how to start any advanced programs in in order for me to assist her via remote assistance 🌟:

I need to go into her Ipad via internet (not on the same network), she is living far away from me.

I am going to register a brand new unused Ipad Pro 2020 on my apple Id (thinking that would be of benefit). It is a gift from me.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ACHIEVE:

To super easy go into her Ipad and see what she is doing in real time and also remote control the Ipad possibly show her things and solve things for her in realtime as she might get stuck.

I may call her via her regluar phone for audio support, but it would of course be better if the remote control program or feature also automacially enabled us to talk.

She would probably not be able to start this procedure her self.

Would Screens 4 do this well? Other ways?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:25 PM

Whilst remote access and support solutions of other computer systems can be readily found, the iOS/iPadOS security architecture does not permit remote control of an iPad.

Sharing/broadcasting your local screen to another computer does not constitute remote control. TeamViewer for iPad (suggested by Michael Black above) - and other available Apps - do not provide remote control of an iPad.

I am sorry that this reality is not what you are hoping to learn.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 3:25 PM in response to Norwegian_Macfan68

Whilst remote access and support solutions of other computer systems can be readily found, the iOS/iPadOS security architecture does not permit remote control of an iPad.

Sharing/broadcasting your local screen to another computer does not constitute remote control. TeamViewer for iPad (suggested by Michael Black above) - and other available Apps - do not provide remote control of an iPad.

I am sorry that this reality is not what you are hoping to learn.

Mar 17, 2021 11:37 AM in response to Norwegian_Macfan68

You could look into TeamViewer QuickSupport (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/teamviewer-quicksupport/id661649585)

It would allow her to share her screen with you, but I am not sure of just what it’s capabilities are fully with iOS or iPadOS.

Note that if the device has your AppleID on it, she could make her own purchases on your account with it, or even edit your password. I’m not saying she’d do it deliberately, but she can, inadvertently, do anything to your AppleID and iCloud accounts that you can do.

It’s suggest she have her own AppleID and iCloud account and you can always set up family sharing if she doesn’t want to put payment info on her AppleID.

Mar 17, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Norwegian_Macfan68

iOS/iPadOS has no facility for remote control or remote management of the device.  Similarly, there are no third-party Apps that provide remote control functionality.

The best that you can likely achieve is to use FaceTime (or other communication platform) - and literally “talk-though” a problem; if you have similar hardware, and the same version of iPadOS installed, you should be able to work through a problem step-by-step.

How to control an Ipad Pro 2020 via internet from my Desktop Mac (in order to easily assist my grandmother)?:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.