Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Answer to remotely controlling elderly parents computers

I have been controlling my elderly mother’s iMac after my father died with an app called SCREENS — you download the app onto the computer and you download the app onto your phone. I don’t know if you can download it onto an iPad or not. I am able to pull up Facebook and pull up her church services via Facebook and do ANYTHING on her computer. I literally get her computer screen on my phone and then I use my finger to control the cursor.

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 8:28 AM

And this is how I would help my grandmother halfway across the country when something needed to be done with her Mac. It's a Mac-to-Mac solution. –

Share screens using Messages on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 20, 2021 2:32 PM in response to Tdclan5

TD, I am looking for the same thing but for sharing between iPhones.

I need the ability to share my elderly mom’s iPhone 12 screen … for her almost nightly phone calls asking how to do the most basic of things. Her dementia is getting worse and she doesn’t remember how to do screenshots, reply to emails, etc.

If there was an app, like the one Apple Support uses to remotely access our iPhone screens, that would be perfect. No we don’t have iPads and she no longer has her MacBook. Simple access to her phone would give me back 10 hours a week of my repeatedly walking her through the most basic things.

Any suggestions for available apps for this? What about iOS 15 FaceTime screen sharing? Will that be available for iPhone as well as the iPad?

I used to share screens with other Mac users via iMessage (Messages app). I need the same capability between our iPhones.

Pls I need my life back & it’s heartbreaking seeing my formerly Apple savvy mom, be unable to do the most basic of tasks.

Answer to remotely controlling elderly parents computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.