Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clamshell mode not working

I am on macOS bigsur ver. 11.0.1 and i cant get clamshell mode to work. I have 2 usb c hubs connected to my laptop, one for peripherals (mouse and keyboard) and one for the hdmi port and the lightning 3 charging. How come even with my macbook plugged in my external display shuts off when I close the laptop's lid.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:11 PM

You must meet ALL the requirements cited in this article. if you fall short in any way, as you discovered, your Mac will sleep when the lid is closed. If it actually shuts off instead of sleeps, your battery is discharged as well.

Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display mode with an external display - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 12:11 PM in response to chitarrista

You must meet ALL the requirements cited in this article. if you fall short in any way, as you discovered, your Mac will sleep when the lid is closed. If it actually shuts off instead of sleeps, your battery is discharged as well.

Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display mode with an external display - Apple Support

clamshell mode not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.