Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my Face ID stop working?

All of a sudden today I noticed my Face ID was not working so I went into settings and erased the old one and tried to scan a new one. It kept telling me it could not “see” my face.....

I noticed my iPhone 11 needed a update and did that and restarted my phone... but still it does not work.... it tells me hold my phone higher then lower then it doesn’t recognize that my face is there! I see the green light on.

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 7:27 PM

Hi, cpalac, and welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having issues enrolling in Face ID on your iPhone. We'll be glad to help you out with this.

For this particular scenario, your phone will need to be serviced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or an Apple Store, or possibly via mail (depending on your location). You can locate your nearest service provider and set up service by using the site: https://locate.apple.com

Alternatively, the AppleCare phone experts can assist you with setting this up. You can reach out to them for further help here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks for reaching out.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 7:27 PM in response to cpalac

Hi, cpalac, and welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having issues enrolling in Face ID on your iPhone. We'll be glad to help you out with this.

For this particular scenario, your phone will need to be serviced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or an Apple Store, or possibly via mail (depending on your location). You can locate your nearest service provider and set up service by using the site: https://locate.apple.com

Alternatively, the AppleCare phone experts can assist you with setting this up. You can reach out to them for further help here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks for reaching out.

Cheers!

Why did my Face ID stop working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.