Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID stopped working

I have an IPhone 13 pro max only 2 months old - the Face ID stopped working and when I went to set up again it keeps telling me to move phone lower then higher but it doesn’t read my face or is able to set up Face ID? I have turned off and on several times and my software is up to date. It is covered by warranty but will be without my phone for 10 days so wondered if there is any advice on how to rectify

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 4:02 PM

prsherrie Said:

"Face ID stopped working: I have an IPhone 13 pro max only 2 months old - the Face ID stopped working and when I went to set up again it keeps telling me to move phone lower then higher but it doesn’t read my face or is able to set up Face ID?[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID:

To avoid service prices, try troubleshooting this yourself.

A Few Sites to Try:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 4:02 PM in response to prsherrie

prsherrie Said:

"Face ID stopped working: I have an IPhone 13 pro max only 2 months old - the Face ID stopped working and when I went to set up again it keeps telling me to move phone lower then higher but it doesn’t read my face or is able to set up Face ID?[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID:

To avoid service prices, try troubleshooting this yourself.

A Few Sites to Try:

Face ID stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.