Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone12 Pro Max Hacked

Hi everyone! I believe my iPhone 12Pro Max was hacked by my stalker. I had just picked up my new phone and was using the maps on the phone to head home when I got a text message asked if google could use my location. I clicked yes and placed my phone on my dash to head home. All of sudden my phone looked alittle strange (fonts) changed. I got home and decided to sign into my Apple ID to download my apps back onto my phone. At that time, I noticed that the App Store looked alittle strange so I reached out to apple and asked if there had been any new updates. The guy said,"As long as you are connecting thru your phone nothing can go wrong because apple carefully checks all of it apps." So I moved forward with downloading my apps but I kept being asking for my password which I had experienced before. So for each app I kept entering into my password.

Later that evening, I laid my phone down to cook and came back to see my phone to find my face-id was disabled and my phone was on the about page. That is not where I left it before laying it down. I immediately, downloaded Malwarebytes that didn't find any spyware or viruses on the phone. I immediately changed my apple-id and password and when I woke up the next morning I was signed out of my Apple ID and couldn't sign back in. My hacker even went as far to change the recovery code. I reached out to apple and took my phone in and they found something wrong with the software and did a re-install of the firmware/software and sent me back home. Got home and noticed the same issue. This time with no apps installed on the phone and my battery dying very fast, I schedule a new appointment with apple and they ran some test on the phone only to find more wrong with it. They sent it off and I am still waiting to get it back. It has been about 7 days to include weekends.

My question is, how do you protect your phone from getting hacked or attacked. I am very afraid now knowing that I thought I was getting an official request from google to use my location. I also thought I was really at the App Store. Is there something I missed when setting up my phone?

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:13 PM

Just humoring myself. These phones, I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, are hackable. My phone is being cloned/mirrored as we speak. Matter of fact I had a whole message typed out that just disappeared.

I know this is a troll thread to control the narrative so humor me. Stop stalking me.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 17, 2021 7:13 PM in response to NewAtlantaAppleLover

That seems rather less like hacking and rather more like a mundane case of bad hardware.

As for securing your devices, I’d discourage add-ons—add-ons cannot scan your storage on an iPhone, for instance— and encourage upping your own approach.

Some related reading:

Checklist: If you want to stop sharing with someone whom you previously shared with - Apple Support

...and from that reading, more...

Review additional checklists if you want to make sure no one else can see your location and if you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts

For even more detailed information, you can download and read Device and Data Access when Personal Safety is At Risk

And how we’re getting hacked and scammed—we ourselves are getting hacked, rather less so our devices—see here:

Scam Pop-ups, Scam Viruses, Scam Receipts… - Apple Community

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Handing over our Apple ID credentials (to scammers, stalkers, crooks, etc) isn’t really about our devices getting hacked, it’s us getting hacked.

Mar 26, 2021 8:24 AM in response to CloneDnMirroreDiPhone12ProX

CloneDnMirroreDiPhone12ProX wrote:

Just humoring myself. These phones, I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, are hackable. My phone is being cloned/mirrored as we speak. Matter of fact I had a whole message typed out that just disappeared.

I know this is a troll thread to control the narrative so humor me. Stop stalking me.

Of course an iPhone is hackable. That’s never been a question of that. There’ve been various well-sourced reports, too.

That is, however, rare, and targeted.

How most folks get hacked is not through malware or unpatched exploits, it’s through social engineering, phishing, scams, weak or exposed passcodes and passwords, and physical access to the device. Running older software is not good, either. This as stated in my previous reply,

In the event that your device or your credentials have been compromised, reset and reload, and change your passwords. Read and follow the checklists linked earlier. Malware persisting over a reset and reload is very rare.

And in the case of the original posting above that started this, a hardware failure is a good possibility for the reported weird behavior. An iPhone with a failing or bad digitizer might register some touches and not others, and might mis-locate or entirely falsely detect touches.

And to be absolutely clear, I am not stalking you nor anyone else.

Iphone12 Pro Max Hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.