Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Safety Concerns

Hello,

I received this email today, March 29, 2022. I have not purchased anything today? 

Could there possibly be a mistake, with the date of purchase or my phone? Over this past year and a half My iphone acts strange and weird my settings are constantly changed from how I keep them, I have lost saved passwords been hacked numerous times but thankfully refunded the issue, and it has become a regular thing... getting frustrated! Have i been hacked again?? I sure hope not... 

Is there a legal department to address this issue To about my phone settings being tampered with??, also I edit some of my photos but I have noticed over the last year and a half a lot of my photos have been edited and it definetly was not me....Very upset! 

It seems as though my phone is being restored to a previous date at times which causes my current passwords to not work and I have to log in with old passwords?? My saved Apple passwords have disappeared before, I contacted Apple support and the tech just wanted access to my facebook messenger app??? I ended communication with them die to being strange that When I asked why they needed to remote access my messenger app I was told that facebook messenger sometimes interfere if my location was not turned on??? I do not keep my location settings on, I just recently conpleted a One year and 9 month long divorce from a 12 year marriage that became violently abusive... ? There will be big issues arising if app location settings being manipulated lead to a person being injured or severely harmed, Most people today have become "tech savy" and realize how to utilize the smart devices for Illegal activities and behaviors... What is being done about this? 

It Seems to me that some unproffessional business behavior might also be happening if it were "app developers" tampering with peoples smart device settings that are actually in place to protect them from harm....Why and who would do that sort of thing? ? I have important legal documents saved to my phone and Im very uncomfortable with this issue...Im aware of app developers and such but these issues are persistant and I have been hacked a few times this past year and half, and it has never happened before that in my 43 years alive???? Please help Very Very Concerned... with these matters. Please and Thank you!

get edited

Amy

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 29, 2022 at 7:51:58 AM CDT

To: ***@yahoo.com

Subject: Your receipt from Apple.

Amy G.

Ezell Dr

USA DATE

Mar 29, 2022ORDER ID

DOCUMENT NO.

App StoreMound of Diamonds 

In-App Purchase  

iPhone

Report a Problem$19.99Subtotal $19.99 Tax $1.55TOTAL$21.54 Save 3% on all your Apple purchases.

Apply and use in minutes  1. 3% savings is earned as Daily Cash and is transferred to your Apple Cash card when transactions post to your Apple Card account. If you do not have an Apple Cash card, Daily Cash can be applied by you as a credit on your statement balance. 3% is the total amount of Daily Cash earned for these purchases. See the Apple Card Customer Agreement for more details on Daily Cash and qualifying transactions.

2. Subject to credit approval.

To access and use all the features of Apple Card, you must add Apple Card to Wallet on an iPhone or iPad with iOS or iPadOS 13.2 or later. Update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Tap Download and Install.

Available for qualifying applicants in the United States.

Apple Card is issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch.

If you reside in the US territories, please call Goldman Sachs at 877-255-5923 with questions about Apple Card.

Get help with subscriptions and purchases. Visit Apple Support

Learn how to manage your password preferences for iTunes, Apple Books, and App Store purchases.

Apple ID Summary • Terms of Sale • Privacy Policy Copyright © 2022 Apple Inc.

All rights reserved 

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:49 AM

Hello ApplePhoneInquirer_99,

I would highly recommend seeking help at apple immediately. Contact them about your issue because this is just very strange and clearly something I have never heard before. And it makes this situation even stranger because you did not even order anything.

Contact Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/contact

Best regards,

dotec

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 11:49 AM in response to ApplePhoneInquirer_99

Hello ApplePhoneInquirer_99,

I would highly recommend seeking help at apple immediately. Contact them about your issue because this is just very strange and clearly something I have never heard before. And it makes this situation even stranger because you did not even order anything.

Contact Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/contact

Best regards,

dotec

Mar 29, 2022 11:43 AM in response to ApplePhoneInquirer_99

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Mar 29, 2022 11:43 AM in response to ApplePhoneInquirer_99

Unknown Charge?

1. App Purchase
    1. Curious about a Charge? --> If you see an 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement
    2. If you have an issue with an app on App Store or billing --> Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store
  2. Subscriptions
    1. You may view a subscription to an app --> See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support
    2. You can also request a refund for a recent renewal of an in-app subscription purchase 

Avoid accidental purchases

1. If it is your device then, please --> Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ... before handing over a device to a child.
  2. If it is your child's device then in the future, enable the Ask to Buy feature --> Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

It could be Phishing

Mar 29, 2022 11:44 AM in response to ApplePhoneInquirer_99

If you believe the information shown for your product is incorrect, you can submit your proof of purchase online

Your sales receipt is needed for Apple’s Limited Warranty, AppleCare Protection Plan, and AppleCare+ validation, so be sure to keep it in a safe place. Apple’s Limited Warranty is the same whether or not you register.

Security Safety Concerns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.