Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my music resume after being paused?

Using as Macbook Air M1 chip and sometimes when I pause a song in music it will not re-start. The controls indicate the song is playing, but the song times does not show nor advance. If I start another song, that will play fine. I am also then able to go back to the prior song and have it play when I re-start it from the beginning. I saw another person post a similar issue back in January 2021 but with no replies. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? The Music app is up to date.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 12:37 AM

Hey Jaygc01,

Quitting (or force-quitting) Apple Music and restarting the application may help solve you problem. If this doesn’t work restarting your computer may help. If neither of these help, This has happened to me too and can happen if you are listening to other songs/videos on YouTube or other platforms. Try to only have Apple Music running and it should work. One thing you can do though which has helped me is: Settings > Dock & Menu Bar > Now Playing. (and click the check mark.) If you go to the top of your screen you should see a little circle with a pause/play button in it. Click on it and you will be able to see what is playing. If you’d like to listen to Apple Music just play it from there.

I hope this helps,

-PineappleJam

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 12:37 AM in response to jaygc01

Hey Jaygc01,

Quitting (or force-quitting) Apple Music and restarting the application may help solve you problem. If this doesn’t work restarting your computer may help. If neither of these help, This has happened to me too and can happen if you are listening to other songs/videos on YouTube or other platforms. Try to only have Apple Music running and it should work. One thing you can do though which has helped me is: Settings > Dock & Menu Bar > Now Playing. (and click the check mark.) If you go to the top of your screen you should see a little circle with a pause/play button in it. Click on it and you will be able to see what is playing. If you’d like to listen to Apple Music just play it from there.

I hope this helps,

-PineappleJam

Why won't my music resume after being paused?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.