Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some photos will not duplicate in iMac

I am using the Photos app on iMac (on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2) and when I click on a photo and try to duplicate it either using right click, Control + D, or the Image tab certain photos will not actually duplicate. But some will duplicate just fine. I went to my iPhone SE (new version) to duplicate that same photo and it worked just fine and showed up on my iMac as well (all my iCloud devices are connected).

Why would some photos not duplicate on the iMac? Some of these photos are screenshots from Instagram and such. But other screenshots I don't have a problem with.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 3:04 PM

I had a similar problem. It is not clear what caused it, but I found a workaround. Open the photo in edit mode and perform a simple crop, edit or even just rotate the photo. When you then return to the browser you should find that the duplicate function works OK.

Similar questions

1 reply

Some photos will not duplicate in iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.