Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes could not remove your previous installation and drivers broken

Good morning!

I have huge problems with my installing/reinstalling/repairing iTunes for Windows 10.

As for now, I am trying to install iTunes from Microsoft Store and getting "Your previous iTunes installation must be removed before continuing" error.

I have previously installed iTunes via .exe files from Apple website and tried to entirely remove it because there was (and I think still is) issue with drivers. Apparently I was at the stage of being unable to install usbaapl64.inf

So I removed every folder from iTunes and cleared everything that was possible in the registry (Apple Mobile Drivers, Bonjour, iTunes mentions etc.). Though the drivers stopped working properly before registry "great cleaning".

To make things clear:

I tried every guide on the topic from this forum (link, link, link), tried changing cables, no antivirus blocks the thing and the Microsoft repair tool unfortunately can't help with installing Microsoft Store apps. I am afraid of using .exe iTunes to dirty the system once again.

My questions is how to completely remove iTunes if the above didn't help, what is causing the inability to install Microsoft Store version?

For the drivers issues to reproduce first of all I have to install the iTunes.

P.S. Please, do ask specific questions on my software manipulations, I will gladly answer them.

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 7:10 AM

I suspect you will have to reinstall iTunes using the traditional installer, then remove it again before you can install the version from the Microsoft Store. Clearly something in your removal efforts so far has left something in place that blocks the MS store version.

tt2

Similar questions

12 replies

Mar 23, 2021 9:53 AM in response to turingtest2

I can't agree with you that drivers installed correctly.

Somehow now iTunes shows the iPhone connected, but after diagnostics it tells that there's no iPod Support installed.

Aand I believe there's also no Apple Support Device as no Apple Support Service listed in Services list.

How should I install iPod for instance? Extract it from the same version installer file?

And, please, as you the only person who can help me with it, take a look at the log:

Mar 23, 2021 8:52 AM in response to turingtest2

Well, I installed latest iTunes installer file as administrator.

Didn't opened it though.

Then I removed everything through Control Panel in exact order (I haven't found neither Apple Application Support 64 nor 32 listed). Rebooted. And only Program files(x86)/Common files/Apple folder was in place from the list. No Bonjour, no iPod or iTunes in both Program files directories.

Now I installed the one from Store and the connected iPhone doesn't show up in iTunes app, the driver's are the following:

P.S. Tried to update the driver for Apple Mobile Device USB Device and it says that is the latest one.

The same list of drivers installed from Windows folder I had previously and it never changed for the one that is in Apple/Mobile Device Suppot/Drivers

P.P.S I can send the iTunes diagnostics log

iTunes could not remove your previous installation and drivers broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.