📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a Lenovo monitor to MacBook Air

My new ThinkVision T24i-20 (61F7-MAR1-WW) Monitor is not getting connected to MacBook Air 2018 version through the USB C Digital AV multiport adaptor

• The Lenovo cable from the monitor to the USB port does not work
  • The HDMI cable provided by Lenovo is much bigger than the Apple Multiport Adaptor

Do I need to buy a separate USB C to HDMI to make the connection? Any suggestions

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 8:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 3:58 PM

Hello, ArunM2380.

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re trying to use your new Lenovo display with your MacBook Air using your USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, but the HDMI cable that came with the display isn’t working with your adapter. We’d like to see if we can help. 

Are you using the multipart adapter like the one we have linked above? If so, does it have an HDMI port in the middle like this one? We’re asking because there are different types of multiport adapters.

If there isn’t an HDMI port in your adapter you may need to purchase another adapter. You might also check other types of connections. For example, according to the Lenovo support site, your display also supports VGA. If your adapter has a VGA port, you may be able to use this type of connection. 

ThinkVision T24i-20 (61F7-MAR2-WW) Monitor - Overview - Lenovo Support US

Apple also has some great support articles for connecting external monitors:

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

Warmest Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2021 3:58 PM in response to ArunM2380

Hello, ArunM2380.

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re trying to use your new Lenovo display with your MacBook Air using your USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, but the HDMI cable that came with the display isn’t working with your adapter. We’d like to see if we can help. 

Are you using the multipart adapter like the one we have linked above? If so, does it have an HDMI port in the middle like this one? We’re asking because there are different types of multiport adapters.

If there isn’t an HDMI port in your adapter you may need to purchase another adapter. You might also check other types of connections. For example, according to the Lenovo support site, your display also supports VGA. If your adapter has a VGA port, you may be able to use this type of connection. 

ThinkVision T24i-20 (61F7-MAR2-WW) Monitor - Overview - Lenovo Support US

Apple also has some great support articles for connecting external monitors:

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

Warmest Regards.

Connecting a Lenovo monitor to MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.