Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect dual 4k Monitors to the Mac mini M1?

I have purchased two LG Ultrafine 4k monitors from Apple. The monitors do not have HDMI or a Display Port, just USB-C/Thunderbolt. How do I connect them to the Mac mini M1? I can get one through the thunderbolt port and was recommended a HDMI to USB-C cable. I can only get one monitor to display 1960 x 1080, the other is stuck on 1250 x 750. That ***** as I have two 4k monitors and can't use them both for the purposes they were purchased for. Has apple addressed this problem? I can't scale it up or down with the system preferences/displays menus.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:03 AM

You can only connect one of those USB-C displays to the M1 Mac Mini.

For dual displays, you need one display with HDMI, Display Port, DVI or VGA input.

see > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-mini/connect-a-display-apd8e4fbbb97/mac

9 replies

Mar 24, 2021 7:27 AM in response to den.thed

Thanks for the quick response and I sincerely appreciate it but it doesn’t solve my problem. I have two monitor and obviously neither has a HDMI slot, nor does it have any other type slot other than USB-C/thunderbolt. Since the LG24MD4KL does not have a HDMI slot, how do I get 4K resolution on both monitors? Is there an adapter out there?

Mar 24, 2021 5:58 PM in response to den.thed

My problem is that I have two monitors with usb-c connections only and guess I will need to sell one and purchase a lesser model that has a HDMI connection. Sad that apple built such a fine machine (Mac Mini M1) that you can’t plug two thunderbolt/usb-c only monitors to. Anyone looking for a practically new LG24MD4KL monitor that I apparently can’t use? Thx for your response.

Mar 24, 2021 6:17 PM in response to padams35

Thanks, I've tried a cable by a company call Siig and they have an HDMI to USB-C (which is hard to find) cable that can get the second monitor working but can only reach a resolution of 1280 x 760 at 60hz. It will go from there to 3840 x2160 which is really too small to read almost. Would love to have 1980 x 1080 ideally. Very frustrating. Will just have to sell one of the monitors and get one that has a HDMI connection. Thanks for your response. Anyone looking for a practically new LG24DM4KL monitor, let me know.

Mar 24, 2021 8:35 PM in response to chillyinak

chillyinak wrote:

I've tried a cable by a company call Siig and they have an HDMI to USB-C (which is hard to find) cable that can get the second monitor working but can only reach a resolution of 1280 x 760 at 60hz. It will go from there to 3840 x2160 which is really too small to read almost. Would love to have 1980 x 1080 ideally. Very frustrating.

Try this, go to the display preference panel for that display, hold the Alt (option) key, click on the Scaled button and see if more resolution options are offered.

How do I connect dual 4k Monitors to the Mac mini M1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.