Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepods as Apple TV speakers

I've had two full-sized homepods in my upstairs office for some time. I recently bought two Homepod minis, thinking I could use them downstairs as the speakers for my Apple TV. When setting them up, I read that I needed the full-sized ones to do that. So I swapped them, putting the minis upstairs and the big ones downstairs. The Apple TV can't seem to connect to the Homepods even when I set them as the default speakers. Sometimes I can get them to play music in stereo, but at other times they won't even connect to Apple Music. The minis are working fine. Any ideas?

HomePod, 14

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:23 AM

See Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support. The default speaker option is only available for Apple TV 4K and the original HomePod 2018. You can however Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support from Apple TV to HomePods without setting up default speakers.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Homepods as Apple TV speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.