Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't an imovie project I created last month show up under "2021" files?

I'll try to explain this best I can. I created a movie based on files I transferred from an iPhone. For some reason, on my mac hardrive it showed up as a separate imovie library with the title I had assigned it. Then, I found a way to copy it into my regular imovie library and then deleted the one that was labeled separately. Now, however, even though this project was created this year, in my list of imovie files there is no 2021 category. Typically, when I transfer in media from my video cam, the files always wind up under the appropriate year. Does it have something to do with having transferred them in from the iPhone? Is there a way to create a 2021 file and if so, can this project then be put under it? Thanks...

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 5:51 PM

I'm having trouble following what you are saying. You should be able to drag a clip (not copy and paste) from the project media browser into an event without having anything disappear. See this help link:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov74d7d370c

If you are unable to do the above, try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen

your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 5:51 PM in response to three4rd

I'm having trouble following what you are saying. You should be able to drag a clip (not copy and paste) from the project media browser into an event without having anything disappear. See this help link:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov74d7d370c

If you are unable to do the above, try deleting preferences and see if that cures it. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen

your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Mar 27, 2021 4:39 PM in response to three4rd

Sorry...couldn't find a way to edit the original post. I was able to create a new event (must have not transferred the files by doing this with the new project). So now at least I have a 2021 category (under which is the new project). However, I can't find a way to add event clips into the new event name I assigned it. I tried to copy and paste them from the "project media" but when I try to drag them into the new 2021 event, the entire 2021 listing just disappears! Any idea how to straighten this out so that this new event / project appears the same way all my others do? I'm thinking it must have to do with the way I transferred it into imovie from the iphone.

Why doesn't an imovie project I created last month show up under "2021" files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.