Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do medics access your Medical ID if you are unconscious?

In the older versions of iOS the lock screen had an easy to see icon to access the important medical information stored in your Health app. No login was needed to access the information. However iOS 14 appears to have removed this feature - there is no Health, Emergency, or Medical ID on the lock screen. I can only access this by first logging in. If I am unconscious with blood streaming down my face FaceID isn't much help and with no other information isn't it true that Apple have now made our lives more dangerous by removing the emergency data access option?

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 4:35 PM

sberman and Lyssa are correct. Without your passcode, from the Emergency screen that sberman posted, you tap Emergency and the data becomes available with a link that says Medical ID. See my screenshot.

12 replies

Mar 30, 2021 3:55 PM in response to sberman

Really? Do tell. A google search gave instructions telling me to tap "Emergency" on the Lock Screen. There is no "Emergency" button or icon on the lock screen. At bottom there is flashlight or camera. At top, info on Telco, signal strength, and battery level. Swipe down from top right, a few icons, nothing medical, no first aid sign. Swipe from left, again nothing. It's incredibly unintelligent design.

Mar 30, 2021 5:12 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

OK, I see this now. I had to hide my face to do it. First there is the button Emergency. I tapped it and then could tap Medical ID. Hopefully I did not send a message to the Emergency Services requesting they attend an emergency. Can anyone confirm pressing the Emergency button does not call 112/911/999 (emergency numbers in different countries)?

Mar 30, 2021 5:19 PM in response to Basilisk2

That does not contact Emergency Services. I can confirm that since I just did that to access that screen to screenshot it for you, and no emergency services have arrived at my home, and it has been almost an hour since I did that, and emergency services are only a few blocks from my home. That link is for someone to make an Emergency phone call if necessary, or to access your Medical ID.

How do medics access your Medical ID if you are unconscious?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.