Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sleep

I use the sleep function on the apple watch, primarily for the dimming and alarm functions. Unfortunately, when the alarm goes off on my watch it also goes off on my phone which i keep elsewhere at night. Sometimes, even before/or when i turn off the alarm on the watch the phone continues, waking family/dogs. Is there a way to still use the sleep function but narrow the alarm to only the watch?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 4:18 AM

Well yes, there is the silent mode switch on the left side of you iphone, perhaps that would do the trick for you.

Silent mode (the one you turn with the physical switch in the iPhone) doesn't sync with the Apple Watch. You turn it on independently on the Watch with the bell icon in Control Center.

Note also that the Do Not Disturb mode (DND) does sync with Apple Watch.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 4:18 AM in response to bjn3

Well yes, there is the silent mode switch on the left side of you iphone, perhaps that would do the trick for you.

Silent mode (the one you turn with the physical switch in the iPhone) doesn't sync with the Apple Watch. You turn it on independently on the Watch with the bell icon in Control Center.

Note also that the Do Not Disturb mode (DND) does sync with Apple Watch.

sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.