Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 Display Snow

Using my old Sony c. 2005 monitor, SDMHS95P, which worked fine on my last Mac Mini. With the new Mac, upon waking from sleep, the screen is 100% snow, like it's lost the connection. Turning the monitor off and back on brings back the desktop. Using the DVI out on the monitor, to a DVI-HDMI adapter on the Mac. I spent a bunch of time with Apple tech support, who suggested I empty caches (which worked briefly, maybe) and to start swapping parts (monitor, cables). If this is a "feature" and not a defect, I can live with it. Just don't want to let the Mini M1 warranty to run out if there's an internal hardware issue.

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:36 AM

This seemed to work for a while, but has the same issue. It could be related to how long the monitor is asleep, apart from the drive. My impression is that the monitor will come back OK, if sleeping for an hour or so, but if several hours, the snow comes back. I think my choice will be to either set the monitor also to never sleep, or back to cycling it off/on.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 8:36 AM in response to vinylhunter

This seemed to work for a while, but has the same issue. It could be related to how long the monitor is asleep, apart from the drive. My impression is that the monitor will come back OK, if sleeping for an hour or so, but if several hours, the snow comes back. I think my choice will be to either set the monitor also to never sleep, or back to cycling it off/on.

Mac Mini M1 Display Snow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.