You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts missing in iCloud on PC

All but one of my contacts has disappeared from iCloud on my Windows PC. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud to no avail, as well as contacted iCloud support with no resolution. Prior to the disappearance I had edited the one contact that is showing . Oddly enough, my contact group names are intact, but empty. Also, when the support rep had me go to iCloud.com on my iPhone, Contacts is not among the items shown.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 11:56 AM

For some inexplicable reason, my contacts have disappeared from ICloud on my Windows PC.

The group names are there.

I have tired two different browsers to no avail.

The contacts are still on my iPhone.

Similar questions

12 replies

Apr 4, 2021 9:54 AM in response to Overcomer2857

I have the identical issue. I have not setup two-factor authentication on my PC for fear of making the problem even worse than it is now and I have an old mac that is running Snow Leopard so the idea of introducing two-factor authentication is an accident waiting to happen.

Just like you, the categories are there like the contact group names and one single entry but that is one that I made recently (last two weeks).

I suspect the message boards are going to be lit up shortly with the "disappearing contacts" issue.

Fortunately, I have iCloud backup working and have manually made an export of my Address Book for fear of stuff like this happening.

Apr 7, 2021 3:07 PM in response to Overcomer2857

Hi,

Same here since few days; it happens to me already 4 times in one week and i am randomly lossing all or part of my contacts on icloud and sometimes on my 3 devices too.

On PC, i still have all directories but empty or with just a part of my contacts.

I am tired to restore and import everything for seing them disappaer again and again.

I tried turning off and on icloud contacts sync, resetting completly all devices but still the same.

For sure it is a problem with icloud server because i only have only icloud contact account.

Contacts missing in iCloud on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.