Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck with a defective Apple Product!!??

Purchased 4 HomePod minis in February that just do not work. Called Apple Support to complain, did resets, firmware update, everything. Then decided to return. Now Apple states that I am stuck with these to non working spheres. Anything I can do to take back there defective merchandise?

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 9:42 AM

Your window to return unwanted items is usually fairly limited and terms of sale vary. Apple should replace in warranty items that don't work as designed, however if Apple have denied that claim then I suspect they work if set up correctly. If you are unable to make them work with your Wi-Fi equipment you could argue that they are not fit for purpose, but I don't know what recourse that gives you in your region.

What happens when you try to set one of them up? Presumably you've followed advice such as that in If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support. Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off?

Note that:

• HomePod doesn't support public or subscription networks with sign-in requirements. These networks are often in places such as businesses, schools, dorms, apartments, hotels and shops. 

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 9:42 AM in response to Chefclean

Your window to return unwanted items is usually fairly limited and terms of sale vary. Apple should replace in warranty items that don't work as designed, however if Apple have denied that claim then I suspect they work if set up correctly. If you are unable to make them work with your Wi-Fi equipment you could argue that they are not fit for purpose, but I don't know what recourse that gives you in your region.

What happens when you try to set one of them up? Presumably you've followed advice such as that in If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support. Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off?

Note that:

• HomePod doesn't support public or subscription networks with sign-in requirements. These networks are often in places such as businesses, schools, dorms, apartments, hotels and shops. 

tt2

Stuck with a defective Apple Product!!??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.