Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone automatically connect to my Mac Bluetooth?

Recently I noticed that my computer at work had somehow connected to the Bluetooth on my iPhone without me pairing them. When I select “forget this device” the Mac is deleted from the list of devices connected to my phone but then after I’ve been to work I will check again and see that the Mac has once again been paired with my phone and is in the devices list. Is this a hack?

I never paired my iPhone to my Mac at work and I don’t know why the Bluetooth on my phone would need to pair with a computer since I don’t play anything from my phone on through the Macs speaker. Can someone tell me why this is happening also how to stop it from happening? I usually leave my Bluetooth on my phone on because it’s connected to my Fitbit and my wireless earbuds so I would like to keep the Bluetooth on if possible, also the keyboard on the Mac is currently connected through Bluetooth so I can’t turn it off from the computers side either but I don’t want them to keep force pairing with each other. Is there a way I can stop this from constantly happening?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 1:18 PM

Are you signed into Bothe the Mac and the phone with the same iCloud account?

If so, that's completely normal. There is no "pairing" involved. In fact, you can't "pair" an iPhone with a computer in the normal sense.

The connection facilitates the use of handoff. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209455

3 replies

Apr 5, 2021 1:25 PM in response to KiltedTim

Yes I am, but I hadn’t ever noticed this until recently. I connected my iTunes and iCloud accounts to my Mac about 2 years ago and had never seen the Mac pop up in my devices list before, but it’s good to know if this is a normal thing and not someone forcing my device to pair for nefarious reasons. Thanks for the answer and the info.

Why does my iPhone automatically connect to my Mac Bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.