Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery shenanigans with the iOS 14.4 on I gen SE

Hi fellow iPhone users,

I've noticed a very worrying thing since installing the iOS14 - my battery basically started to lose juice just because the phone is on. No additional functions are on (like wi-fi or bt), sometimes I don't even have new activity (notifications) or not using my phone at all and yet the battery simply runs down like crazy.

It's not super-cold outside anymore (and room temp inside my flat) and the battery is at 82% capacity (yeah, I know - not super high but after 5 years and never been replaced it's still should be minimum functional). Sometimes with night-time mode even when I have a 100% I wake up and have below 50 or even in red (like today). I did a full system restore two weeks ago with installing just the newest 14.4.2 and it sorta helped but still it's quite bad. On top of it stuff like that didn't happen with iOS 13 installed.

Does anyone have similar problems? I know that I should prepare to replace the battery but I'm afraid the the iOS overload will just be too much and I'm way to short on cash right now in order to invest in something that won't work/help. I'm kinda feeling pressure that I need to buy a new phone in order to use it like it should be used and that's not cool either...

BR - E!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 8:09 AM

I would not take the battery health figure as proof of health. I am more concerned with it being 5 years old, ie 3 years more than expected to survive.

Here is another test you can do overnight

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250003357

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 6, 2021 8:02 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Well that comes as a surprise to me since the phone does not show I need to replace my battery which I'm aware of.

Also - you're not my brother (why would I call you that after you basically didn't help at all huh?). You're a bro which means homie or peer. At least where I come from. But thinking about it again - you're not that either.

Apr 6, 2021 10:24 AM in response to LD150

Hey, thanks for sharing that thread here - will definitely check this out!

Regarding the phones health - I agree with you, it's still amazes me that this phone is as good as it is. Except for the battery issues that is and everything I'm describing here only started with installation of iOS 14. On the other hand I've always taken care of it really well (as I did with my previous phone - an iPhone 1st gen A1203 which served me equally well for 6 years).

Thanks again, stay safe - E!

Battery shenanigans with the iOS 14.4 on I gen SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.